Here’s a compilation of recent tweets and retweets regarding drives and fundraisers for areas affected by Typhoon Sendong. Please note that these are copied as is. Let us know if there has been a misinformation and we’ll do our best to rectify them immediately.
- Department of Education
- DepEd-CSCA appeals for Toys and School Supplies donations for schoolchildren victims of Typhoon Sendong
- Contact Person: Sheila Flores, 0929-239-3913
- The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Center for Students and Co-Curricular Affairs (DepEd-CSCA) is soliciting toys, books and other educational materials and supplies for the resumption of classes in Cagayan de Oro City and Iligan City this January.
- In December 2011, Typhoon Sendong left the cities of Cagayan de Oro and Iligan with damaged school buildings, wet books, and empty libraries. DepEd-CSCA believes that whatever donations will be gathered from kindhearted individuals and organizations will help encourage kids to attend school and to help them recover from the trauma they have suffered.
- This initiative is anchored on The Kindergarten Advocacy and Donation Project of DepEd-CSCA following the implementation of the Universal Kindergarten Program by DepEd Secretary Br. Armin A. Luistro FSC in connection with the K to 12 Basic Education Program.
- For queries and coordination, please look for DepEd-CSCA Executive Director Joey G. Pelaez at the DepEd Central Office, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City, with telephone numbers (02) 636-3603 or (02) 631-8495 or visit the DepEd-CSCA Facebook Fan Page at www.facebook.com/csca.deped
- OMF Lit Bookshops
- Give with books. Every book you’ve bought and will buy this month counts! We are allotting a part of our December sales to helping the flood victims.
- Our Luzon bookshops are located at Boni Avenue, Il Terrazzo (Quezon City), Greenbelt 1, Pergola (BF Homes Paranaque). Visit omflit.com for more details.
- ONE CDO
- ONE CDO relief center Dec23, 9AM-12mn, Kiosko DVsoria CDO.
- Close to 60 local artists to perform on this all day donation drive.
- RockEd Iligan
- Rock Ed has a potable water fund and underwear drive for CDO and Iligan.
- Please donate in kind or in cash:
- Account name: Rock Ed Philippines
- BPI Loyola 3080.0073.44
- Swimbikerun.ph’s Race for Sendong details here: http://www.swimbikerun.ph/2011/12/race-for-sendong-singlets-and-clothes-drive-for-the-victims-of-typhoon-sendong/ It’s a ‘singlets and clothes drive’ for the victims of Typhoon Sendong [via @carambs]
- Orphaned babies in CDO need breastmilk. The UP-PGH Lactation Unit and Human Milk Bank accepts milk drop-offs. Contact numbers are 0918-769-1662 or 554-8400 (local 3418). They will be closed for the holidays but the Neonatology doctor on duty can receive milk anytime, just contact local 3409.
- For breastfeeding mothers from Quezon City who might want to help: On December 27 from 08:30AM to 5:30PM, the Medela House will resume as a drop-off point for breast milk donations. Address is at No. 29 1st Street, New Manila, QC. From there, the donations will be brought to the UP-PGH Milk Bank for pasteurization before being airlifted to CDO and Iligan, via Cebu Pacific (Reposted from EDUC Representative to the USC Paulina Miranda, via allen)
- UP Music Circle
- HELP NORTHERN MINDANAO: A Benefit Concert and Donation Drive on December 27, 2011, 1:00PM onwards.
- Please bring relief goods (bottled water, canned goods, rice and clothes). Proceeds and donations will go to the typhoon victims of CDO and Iligan.
- It is at times like this that we can make a difference the most. Let’s help out our brothers and sisters from Northern Mindanao. Sa panahon ng pagdadamayan… Lahat Tayo, Iskolar Para Sa Bayan!
- Here is the link to the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/263139140414748/
Updated as of 16 January 2012, 10:30 PM.