Here’s a compilation of recent tweets and retweets regarding continuing relief operations for victims of Typhoons Ondoy, Pepeng and Santi. Please note that these are copied as is. Let us know if there has been a misinformation and we’ll do our best to rectify them immediately.
- Government Action
- Medical Aid
- Needs Immediate Help
- Relief Goods
- Soup Kitchens
- Contact Information
- FYI: Here’s the official website of Malacanang’s Oplan Sagip Bayan http://ping.fm/NYs7F [via @tonyocruz] [10/23 23:52]
- Anti-Dengue and Anti-Rodent Control. A few weeks ago, Mr. Perry M. Calara, Executive Director of Syngenta Foundation, Inc., has been kind enough to share with us their final report on their anti-dengue and anti-rodent control activity in Culiat, Quezon City. This comes at an opportune time when leptospirosis is rampant in our city, as a result of the floods that have happened due to the recent typhoons.Per Mr. Calara:
“Only during the rehabilitation phase after Ondoy and Pepeng, we are offering the anti-dengue “resource” at a 50% discount. In addition, we can in essence give the community based anti-rodent control assistance (technical and community organizing) in mitigating their rodents problem in relation with their leptospirosis. We are coordinating this with NGOs, Local Government Units, DOH, and other key stakeholders in the community.At present we are already coordinating with a sitio in Malanday and Tumana both in Marikina; Manggahan, Pasig; and Bagbag in QC.
If you know of any organization or LGUs who are interested in this project please do not hesitate to call them. They will respond to you immediately. They are offering to assist in community organizing for a sustained anti-dengue activity, plus a 50% discount on organized communities doing anti-dengue activities (until January).
Here are their contact numbers: Perry Calara 0917-8079227 / Joy 0917-8055262.
- Blood donations.
- Philippine National Red Cross Blood Center
- PNRC is in urgent need of blood donors. Donate to PNRC Nat’l blood services. Text +639276967388 or register here http://bit.ly/gQxpw [via @philredcross] [11/03 12:14]
- The Red Cross needs blood donations for victims of leptospirosis. Please call 527-0000 to find out how you can help. [via @noynoyaquino] [10/15 18:46]
- Philippine National Red Cross Blood Center
- Trauma Counseling.
- Ateneo. Ateneo Psych Dept. Post-trauma debriefing and psychological support for typhoon survivors. Please call 426-6001 local 5260. [via @andhow] [10/22 11:30]
- We need people who know how to speak Ilocano and other N.Luzon vernaculars for psychosocial support to kids up north. Text 09159785299 [via @yannafeliciano] [11/4 10:08]
- Flooded: Sitio and school at Marawoy, Lipa, Batangas. 150 families are affected. [via @pmcalara] [10/31 13:24]
- Bgy. Gulod, Laurel, Batangas still flooded. 130 families are affected. [via @pmcalara] [10/31 12:42]
- Cavite. 170 houses damaged at Brgy. Sineguelasan, Bacoor, Cavite. Families are at evacuation centers. [via @pmcalara] [10/31 12:57]
- 232 families need help to rebuild houses in Victoria, Laguna. [via @pmcalara] [11/01 08:24]
- Quezon. 80 family evacuees are at Minahan Sur Elementary school at Nakar, Quezon. [via @pmcalara] [11/01 08:24]
- Send an e-mail to JP Alipio at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Maria Cleto at email@example.com to coordinate
- Here is a list of the isolated areas that need building supplies.
Labey, Bokod/Tublay: Lost 23 homes
Coroz, Ambassador, Tublay: Lost 15 homes
Pasdong, Naguey, and Brgy Poblacion in Atok
Takadang, Kibungan: Lost a lot of rice fields
Wakal and Nawal in Bokod: Isolated areas that have also lost a lot of land
- UPDATE: Benguet Emergency Communication Kits – The kits were distributed on November 23, 2009 to 60 officials from remote barangays and sitios of Benguet. Officials from these areas were in the Benguet Provincial Capitol today for Benguet’s Adivay festival, and so JP Alipio took the opportunity to make the delivery there. [12/01]
- Samahang Operasyong Sagip (SOS). Relief goods still being accepted at SOS, #35 Examiner St. QC. Coordnate your assistance by calling 9298109. [via pmcalara] [10/23 17:50]
- Southern Tagalog People’s Response Center. To send help/volunteer for Santi relief ops, contact Southern Tagalog People’s Response Center at 0918-4560104 and look for Kat. [via @pmcalara] [11/01 09:27]
- Brgy. Soup Kitchen. Looking at a possible 3-day soup kitchen to Pangasinan, hopefully in two weeks. Arroz Caldo + Hard-Boiled Egg + Pandesal 🙂 Joint effort w/ DAKILA: http://dakila.org.ph/ VOLUNTEER! Please leave your contact number & a list of skills/resources (cooking skills, vans, pots, etc) you can impart to: firstname.lastname@example.org. More details here: http://bit.ly/B37lF.
- Anakpawis. Pangasinan needs aid. Help TulongAnakpawis gather noodles/usable clothes good 4 5k families or lend a truck. Randy 09287296945 [via @tonyocruz] [10/23 11:48]
- Angel Brigade is still operating and needs volunteers.
- Center for Environmental Concerns. Volunteers needed! Relief ops 2 Cordillera, Pangasinan on Nov 5-6 Center for Environmental Concerns 09274582746 pls help RT [via @barlena] [11/4 11:22]
- Citizens’ Disaster Response Center. CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS! Relief delivery, feeding and psychosocial therapy (free play and arts workshop for kids): http://bit.ly/8V7IT [via @CDRC1984] [10/22 12:25]
- DSWD. DSWD Secretary allowed RockEd Philippines to organize shifts of volunteers to sort/pack at the DSWD Warehouse from Mon-Fri, 3-11 PM. Go here for more details. [via SMS from Gang Badoy/@gangbadoy] [10/23 22:21]
- Ortigas: Megatent. Next week (Tue-Fri), Megatent needs volunteers to pack schoolbags (from National Bookstore). 3pm till 12MN. [via @yogajane] [10/21 20:53]
- Serve the People, Baguio. Serve the People brigade in Baguio will conduct a “food 4 work” program for Pepeng victims. Anybody who wants to join/donate, please go to 55 Ferguson Road, Guisad, Baguio or call 0743044239 [via @pmcalara] [10/25 18:58]
- Southern Tagalog Peoples’ Response Center (STPRC). Call +639184560104 to volunteer. Help the victims of Typhoon Santi [via @pmcalara] [10/31 12:42]
- Tulong Kabataan. Schools need deluge of help! http://ping.fm/tDJvd Volunteer, donate now to Tulong Kabataan! [via @tonyocruz] [10/23 16:16]
- Red Cross
- To volunteer: text RED to 5656
- To donate, text RED to 4483 (smart) & RED to 2899 (globe)
- In case of emergencies, text SOS <details of your emergency> to 5656
OTHER WAYS TO HELP:
Updated as of 4 November 2009 11:49 PM.